Microsoft Corporation announced today November thirty two thousand fifteen, their release of Office 365 E5 version. This version of Microsoft Office 365 is tailored towards business customers. Microsoft Skype is integrated now into Office 365 with this version.
Also, business customers can replace their meeting and phone systems potentially with this software. New features include:
* Public Switched Telephone Network conferencing
* Broadcast meetings with Skype
* Cloud Private Branch Exchange
* Public Switched Telephone Network calling
You can place regular phone calls and dial into conference calls. Also, you can host up to a ten thousand person business meeting. Businesses can ditch their existing Private Branch Exchange phone system and use a cloud system instead.
Microsoft is now selling calling plans including phone numbers in the United States. Meetings are conducted using audio, video, content sharing, as well as with a messaging service. Microsoft is partnered with BT Global Services, Orange Business Services, SoftBank, TATA Communications, Telstra, Polycom, and Genesys with this initiative.
This new Office 365 E5 for business suite will cost thirty five dollars per month per user or four hundred twenty dollars per year. Also, Microsoft Skype is including newer data analytics and security capabilities into this Business Enterprise Office 365 E. You can check out more information from this official Microsoft Office 365 E5 blog post.
Advanced Micro Devices released their new graphics software November twenty four two thousand fifteen. Radeon Softare Crimson Edition replaces Catalyst Control Center. This software includes twelve new and or enhanced feature sets.
Also, allegedly this software boasts of twenty percent more performance than a predecessor. Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect of the Radeon Technologies Group, is quoted as saying:
“As the primary way that people interact with our products, our software deserves to be viewed as a top priority, and going forward that’s exactly what we’re doing, delivering easy-to-use software that is packed with real user benefits, starting with Radeon Software Crimson Edition,”
“Radeon Technologies Group is laser-focused on the vertical integration of all things graphics, propelling the industry forward by driving performance per watt, creating innovative technologies and ensuring that the software supporting our GPUs is world class.”
Radeon Software Crimson Edition includes following features:
* A brand new user interface that starts up ten times faster
* Twelve new and or enhanced feature sets
* Supercharged performance with energy efficiency
* Public support of AMD LiquidVR technology
* Seamlessly stable
You can download Advanced Micro Devices Radeon Software Crimson Edition for free. Also, AMD has retired some of video graphics cards:
* AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series including HD 8400 and below
* Radeon HD 7000 Series including HD 7600 and below
* Radeon HD 6000 Series
* Radeon HD 5000 Series
End users running Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 will still be able to download and install AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 graphics driver. End users running Windows Vista or older can download and install AMD Catalyst 13.12 graphics driver. You can download these drivers for these newly designated legacy graphics products from AMD’s drivers download center.
On November seventeen two thousand fifteen Nvidia Corporation released their Shield Tablet K1 computer. This computer retails at $199. This is an Android gaming computer.
Full 1080P high definition video can be viewed on an eight inch display. Also, this tablet includes dual speakers. You receive a free three month subscription to Nvidia’s own gaming service GeForce Now. After this trial period you can continue with this cloud gaming service for $7.99 per month.
Nvidia plans on making this Shield Tablet K1 tablet computer available for Android six Marshmallow operating system when available. This tablet computer includes WiFi, sixteen gigabytes of storage, and up to one hundred twenty eight gigabytes storage with optional Micro secure digital card. Controllers, cover, stylus, and power charger are all sold separately.
Here are some technical specifications for Shield Tablet K1:
* Processor: NVIDIA Tegra K1 192 core Kepler Graphics Processing Unit 2.2 Gigahertz Quad Core Central Processing Unit With 2 Gigabytes Random Access Memory
* Display: 8 inch 1920 × 1200 multi touch in Plane Switching display
* Audio: Integrated stereo speakers with built in microphone
* Storage: 16 Gigabytes
* Wireless: 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4 Gigahertz and 5 Gigahertz Wi-Fi Bluetooth 4.0
* Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Mini HDMI, Micro Universal Serial Bus 2.0 with host and device support, Micro secure digital card up to additional 128 Gigabytes space, 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack with microphone support
* Motion Sensors: nine axis
* Audio: Front facing stereo speakers, dual bass reflex port
* Gaming Features: GeForce NOW cloud gaming, Console Mode, NVIDIA ShadowPlay
* Cameras: Front 5 Megapizel HDR; Rear 5 Megapixel auto focus HDR
* Video Features: 4K Ultra HD Ready
* Software Updates: SHIELD software upgrades from NVIDIA
* Battery 19.75 Watt hour Lithium ion
* Weight and Size: 13.7 ounces or 390 grams Height: 8.8 inches or 221 milimeters Width: 5.0 inches or 126 milimeters Depth: 0.36 inches or 9.2 milimeters
* Operating System: Android Lollipop
* Software: Google Play, NVIDIA SHIELD Hub, NVIDIA Dabbler, Squid, Twitch, Camera, Awesome
* Optional Accessories: SHIELD tablet K1 cover, SHIELD controller, SHIELD world charger, and SHIELD DirectStylus 2
Over this past weekend, more specifically succinctly November fifteen two thousand fifteen, Microsoft Corporation officially retired their Zune Music service. As of this date you will not be able to stream or download music from this music service to your Zune device. You will still be able to use your Zune device as a music player and any remaining music files that you own a copyright to will remain.
Also, an ability to transfer to and from your Zune device will remain functional. Purchased digital rights management music that does not have a renewed license may not play. Your existing Zune Music Pass subscription will automatically be converted to a Groove Music Pass subscription.
Zune Music Pass subscriptions were to convert between October fifteen two thousand fifteen to November fifteen two thousand fifteen. Groove Music Pass subscriptions cost anywhere from $9.99 per month to $99.90 per year. If your account is terminated during these migrations on three month and yearly subscriptions, you may become eligible for a refund.
You can check out a Microsoft Zune retirement frequently asked questions page. If you are interested in Microsoft Groove Music service subscription, you can try it out first with a free thirty day trial. Finally, you can obtain Microsoft Groove online support, if necessary.
Adobe Systems Incorporated released version 18.104.22.168 to fix seventeen bugs. These are critical vulnerabilities that allow a person to take control of your affected system. These vulnerabilities affect Apple MAC, Linux, and Microsoft Windows computers.
You can find out what version of Adobe Flash player installed on your computer. You want to make sure that you update each version of Adobe Flash player for an intended web browser. If you have multiple web browsers you may have to upgrade each version of Adobe Flash Player pertaining to each specific web browser.
If you are using a Google chrome web browser, then Adobe Flash Player will become automatically upgraded on Linux, Macintosh, and Windows based computers. If you are using Microsoft Edge web browser on Windows ten based computers, then Adobe Flash Player will automatically upgrade itself. Internet Explorer 10 and 11 will automatically upgrade Adobe Flash Player on Windows 8 and 8.1 computers.
These updates resolve a vulnerability that could allow code execution. Also, these updates fix a security whole whereby data could be written to a file system with proper user permissions. Finally, these updates address another possible code execution vulnerability.
Following is a table of affected flash player versions and operating system platforms:
* Adobe Flash Player Desktop Runtime version 22.214.171.124 or earlier on Windows and Macintosh
* Adobe Flash Player Extended Support Release version 126.96.36.199 or earlier on Windows and Macintosh
* Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome version 188.8.131.52 or earlier on Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Chrome operating systems
* Adobe Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 version 184.108.40.206 or earlier on Windows 10
* Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer 10 and 11 version 220.127.116.11 or earlier on Windows 8.0 and 8.1
* Adobe Flash Player for Linux version 18.104.22.1680 or earlier on Linux
* AIR Desktop Runtime version 22.214.171.124 or earlier on Windows and Macintosh
* AIR SDK version 126.96.36.199 and earlier on Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS
* AIR SDK & Compiler version 188.8.131.52 or earlier on Windows, Macintosh, Android and iOS
* AIR for Android version 184.108.40.206 or earlier on Android
Advanced Micro Devices is facing a class action lawsuit pertaining to how many actual core processors are in their Bulldozer processors. This past October a class action lawsuit was filed by an Alabama resident. This resident claims that Advanced Micro Devices dealings violate a consumer legal remedies act, California’s unfair competition law, false advertising, fraud, breach of express warrant, negligent misrepresentation, and unjust enrichment.
According to this lawsuit, Advanced Micro Devices packages two cores together in one module. Therefore, each module does not act independently and is actually just one core processor. An eight core bulldozer processor would actually only be four core processors working independently at same time.
This complaint is quoted as claiming:
“AMD tricked consumers into buying its Bulldozer processors by overstating the number of cores contained in the Bulldozer chips,”
“Average consumers in the market for computer CPUs lack the requisite technical expertise to understand the design of [AMD’s] processors, and trusts [AMD] to convey accurate specifications regarding its CPUs.”
This type of false advertising and outright fraud if true could be detrimental to perhaps server customers. Also, gaming users could have been hoodwinked into thinking they had more powerful machines than reality stipulated. This class action lawsuit was filed in United States District Court for Northern District of California, San Jose Division on October twenty six two thousand fifteen.
These individuals are suing for damages, to include statutory and punitive damages, litigation expenses, pre interest, post judgement interest, as well as other injunctive and declaratory relief deemed reasonable. A main argument of this lawsuit is that an average computer end user may not have technical expertise to verify whether or not a computer is indeed an eight core processor or a quad core processor. At time of this blog post creation, nobody from Advanced Micro Devices has commented concerning this allegation.
Microsoft Corporation announced on November second two thousand fifteen that they will be discontinuing their unlimited storage space OneDrive plan. This is to take effect in early two thousand sixteen. Microsoft claims that some users were storing up to seventy five terabytes of data.
This change affects all Office 365 Home, Personal, and University subscribers. If this was in fact true, I have no idea why Microslop I mean Microsoft did not just cap data on those accounts that were egregious to their possible false advertising. Also, why advertise a service that is “unlimited” if you are then going to complain about a few users using more space than average.
Those previous “unlimited” plans now receive one terabyte of storage space. Also, Microsoft is going to discontinue their one hundred gigabyte and two hundred gigabyte data storage accounts. This company is going to replace both those services with a $1.99 per month fifty gigabyte storage plan.
Microsoft is going to limit their free OneDrive storage accounts from a current fifteen gigabyte of storage space to five gigabytes of storage space. Finally, this technology giant will discontinue their fifteen gigabyte camera storage plan as of early two thousand sixteen. Shockingly at least to me, Microsoft will offer prorated refunds if you decide that one terabyte of OneDrive space is not sufficient.
Also, if currently you are using more than one terabyte of cloud space, you will receive a notification message that stipulates you will have at least one year to move or remove that data. If you have more than five gigabytes of data with a free OneDrive account, you will be given at least a twelve month grace period to move or remove your data. If you need this storage space desperately enough, Microsoft is offering a free one year Office 365 personal subscription, redeemable via a credit card.