The Document Foundation has released LibreOffice five just in time for Windows 10 compatibility. LibreOffice is a free open source office suite of software that runs on Macintosh operating system ten, Linux, and Microsoft Windows operating systems. LibreOffice has been used by over eighty million users.
LibreOffice 5 boasts better functionality with office suites like Microsoft Office and Apple's iWork. This software has sixty four bit versions for Microsoft Windows Vista, seven, eight, and ten. LibreOffice includes Calc, Draw, Impress, and Writer.
Calc is a spreadsheet program. Draw is a program to create technical drawings. Impress allows you to make presentations.
Writer is a word processor application. Base is a database front end. Math is a mathematics editor.
Charts is a chart making application. Also, LibreOffice has a version that will run on Android operating system. You can download customized extensions and templates for use with this free open source office suite.
This software suite has built in compatibility with many Microsoft office documents used in Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio. The full version of LibreOffice 5 is completely free to use and download. For business use, commercial support is available from third party partners.
LibreOffice 5.0.0 is now available for following operating systems and architectures:
* Linux x64 Debian package
* Linux x64 RPM package
* Linux x86 Debian package
* Linux x86 RPM package
* Mac operating system X x86_64 10.8 or newer
* Microsoft Windows 32 bit
* Microsoft Windows x86_64 bit for Vista, Seven, Eight, and ten
System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems are:
* Microsoft Windows XP service pack two, Vista, 7, or 8
* Pentium III, Athlon or more recent system
* 256 MB RAM minimum
* Up to 1.5 GB of disk space
* 1024 x 768 display resolution with at least 256 colors
System requirements for Apple Macintosh operating system ten are:
* Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or newer
* Intel microprocessor
* 512 MB RAM
* 800 MB disk space
* 1024 x 768 graphics device with 256 colors
System requirements for GNU Linux:
* Linux kernel version 2.6.18 or newer
* glibc2 version 2.5 or newer
* gtk version 2.10.4 or newer
* Pentium III, Athlon or newer system
* 256Mb RAM
* 1.55Gb disk space
* X Server with 1024 x 768 display resolution with 256 colors
* Gnome 2.16 or newer, with gail 1.8.6 and at-spi 1.7 packages or other compatible graphical user interface such as KDE, XFCE, etc.
About Author Aaron J. Berg
Aaron J. Berg is the owner of Anet Computers, host of the Reality PC podcast, and blogger at AnetComputers.com. For over thirteen years, he worked for fortune 500 companies and the United States Federal government supporting computers. Now he helps you solve your most common computer problems.