Google on December first two thousand sixteen officially released Chrome web browser version 55.0.2883.75. This latest version includes thirty six security vulnerabilities. Twelve of these security vulnerabilities are listed as high importance.
Nine are listed as medium importance and five are listed as low importance.
* CVE-2016-9651: Private property access in V8
* CVE-2016-5208: Universal XSS in Blink
* CVE-2016-5207: Universal XSS in Blink
* CVE-2016-5206: Same origin bypass in PortableDocumentFormatium
* CVE-2016-5205: Universal XSS in Blink
* CVE-2016-5204: Universal XSS in Blink
* CVE-2016-5209: Out of bounds write in Blink
* CVE-2016-5203: Use after free in PortableDocumentFormatium
* CVE-2016-5210: Out of bounds write in PortableDocumentFormatium
* CVE-2016-5212: Local file disclosure in DevTools
* CVE-2016-5211: Use after free in PortableDocumentFormatium
* CVE-2016-5213: Use after free in V8
* CVE-2016-5214: File download protection bypass
* CVE-2016-5216: Use after free in PortableDocumentFormatium
* CVE-2016-5215: Use after free in Webaudio
* CVE-2016-5217: Use of data not validated in PortableDocumentFormatium
* CVE-2016-5218: Address spoofing in Omnibox
* CVE-2016-5219: Use after free in V8
* CVE-2016-5221: Integer overflow in ANGLE
* CVE-2016-5220: Local file access in PortableDocumentFormatium
* CVE-2016-5222: Address spoofing in Omnibox
* CVE-2016-9650: CSP Referrer disclosure
* CVE-2016-5223: Integer overflow in PortableDocumentFormatium
* CVE-2016-5226: Limited Cross Site Scripting in Blink
* CVE-2016-5225: CSP bypass in Blink
* CVE-2016-5224: Same origin bypass in Scalable Graphics Vector
These security issues affect Google Chrome web browser on Linux, MAC, and Microsoft Windows platforms. By default Chrome is supposed to automatically update. You can install Google Chrome 55.0.2883.75 manually by selecting "Help" then select "About Google Chrome".
In about Google Chrome, if an update is available, that update will begin downloading. You will need to relaunch Chrome for that update to install. You can download instead and install Google Chrome version 55.0.2883.75.