Mozilla.org on December thirteen two thousand sixteen officially released Mozilla web browser version 50.1. This latest version includes thirteen security vulnerabilities fixed. Four security vulnerabilities are listed as critical, six high, and four moderate.
* CVE-2016-9894 SkiaGL Buffer overflow
* CVE-2016-9899 DOM events and audio elements
* CVE-2016-9895 Marquee tag CSP bypass
* CVE-2016-9896 WebVR
* CVE-2016-9897 libGLES Memory corruption
* CVE-2016-9898 DOM subtrees
* CVE-2016-9900 SVG images through data URLs
* CVE-2016-9904 Shared atoms Cross origin information leak
* CVE-2016-9901 Data from Pocket server improperly sanitized
* CVE-2016-9902 Pocket extension not validating events origin
* CVE-2016-9903 SDK XSS injection vulnerability
* CVE-2016-9080 Memory safety bugs
* CVE-2016-9893 Memory safety bugs
You can install Mozilla FireFox 50.1 manually by selecting "Help" then select "About Firefox". In about Mozilla Firefox you will either see that your web browser is up to date or click on an "Update to 50.1" button. You can download and install Mozilla FireFox version 50.1.
Another way to upgrade Mozilla FireFox is with automatic updates. Click on "Tools" then select "Options". Click on "Advanced" tab.
Select an "Update" tab. In update you have three options:
* Automatically install updates
* Check for updates
* Never check for updates