Mozilla.org on November fifteen two thousand sixteen officially released Mozilla web browser version 50. This latest version includes twenty seven security vulnerabilities. Three of these are listed as critical.
Twelve are listed as high in importance. Ten are listed with moderate in importance. Two are listed with low importance.
* CVE-2016-5296: Heap buffer overflow
* CVE-2016-5292: URL parsing cause crash
* CVE-2016-5293: Mozilla updater and maintenance service arbitrary file written
* CVE-2016-5294: Arbitrary target directory update process result files
* CVE-2016-9064: Verification of IDs match for add ons update
* CVE-2016-9065: Android Firefox location bar spoofing when fullscreen
* CVE-2016-9066: nsScriptLoadHandler Integer buffer overflow
* CVE-2016-9067: nsINode ReplaceOrInsertBefore heap use
* CVE-2016-9068: nsRefreshDriver heap use
* CVE-2016-9072: NPAPI sandbox 64 bit not enabled in new profile
* CVE-2016-9075: WebExtensions can access mozAddonManager API to gain elevated privileges
* CVE-2016-9077: Canvas filters allow feDisplacementMaps timing attacks
* CVE-2016-5291: Same origin local HTML file policy violation
* CVE-2016-5295: Mozilla maintenance service able to read arbitrary files
* CVE-2016-5298: SSL indicator misleads about real URL visited
* CVE-2016-5299: Firefox AuthToken permissions problem
* CVE-2016-9061: API key glocation permissions problem
* CVE-2016-9062: Android private browsing traces browser.db and wal file
* CVE-2016-9070: Sidebar bookmark can reference chrome window
* CVE-2016-9073: windows.create schema problem
* CVE-2016-9074: Insufficient divSpoiler timing side channel resistance
* CVE-2016-9076: Select dropdown menu URL bar spoofing
* CVE-2016-9063: Possible XML_Parse Expat integer overflow
* CVE-2016-9071: Probe browser history HSTS/301 redirect
* CVE-2016-5289: FireFox 50 memory safety bugs fix
* CVE-2016-5290: Firefox ESR 45.5 memory safety bugs fix
You can install Mozilla FireFox 50 manually by selecting "Help" then select "About Firefox". In about Mozilla Firefox you will either see that your web browser is up to date or click on an "Update to 50.0" button. You can download and install Mozilla FireFox version 50.
Another way to upgrade Mozilla FireFox is with automatic updates.
Click on "Tools" then select "Options". Click on "Advanced" tab. Select an "Update" tab. In update you have three options:
* Automatically install updates
* Check for updates
* Never check for updates
About Author Aaron J. Berg
Aaron J. Berg is the owner of Anet Computers, host of the Reality PC podcast, and blogger at AnetComputers.com. For over thirteen years, he worked for fortune 500 companies and the United States Federal government supporting computers. Now he helps you solve your most common computer problems.