When you try to select Quicken backup to restore, you get this message "Quicken online backup is not activated". You are then referred to a trouble shooting web page.
To restore Quicken 2007 data from a local source you perform some following steps. Restore a Quicken data file from an external source ie. USB drive, CD, DVD. Restore Quicken data from an external source.
- Connect that external drive containing a data file you want to restore, or insert a disk containing a data file in that drive.
- Select a "File" menu and then select "Restore Backup File".
- Select either one of those files listed or browse my computer.
- If you are restoring a file over a current file, click "OK" to overwrite that current file.
- When you see a message that a file is restored, click "OK".
- Select a "File" menu and then select "OPEN" to open that restored file.