In Outlook Express your unable to see images in your messages unless you view that email on line. You can try deleting your Temporary Internet files. Depending on a version of Internet Explorer you have installed you:
- Close all instances of Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Internet Explorer, and Windows Explorer.
- Go to “Start” then “Control Panel” then go into “Internet Options”.
- Select “General” tab.
- Click “Delete Files” button.
Hopefully, you will be able to see images in Outlook Express again. If that does not fix your issue you can try completely deleting temporary internet files and index.dat file by:
- Log on as Administrator and delete the desired <username> folder(s) and reboot.
- You can also press “Ctrl-Alt-Del” twice at a Welcome screen to bring up an Administrator account.
“C:Documents and Settings/usernameLocal Settings/Temporary Internet Files”
“Username” is an account or profile that you suspect is corrupt. Remember to delete that folder (Content.IE5) not just contents. A new “Content.IE5” and a set of random named sub-folders and index.dat will be created on restart.
You can not delete these folders from your own account. Hopefully, you will be able to view images. Another fix is to delete a “History” folder and “index.dat” file:
Log on as Administrator and delete the desired <username> folder and reboot.
“C:Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\HISTORY”.
You can view detailed instructions for those fixes above and a few other troubleshooting steps for clearing browser cache.